cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 "Telephony(Disabled)"

DaveinBeds
Tuning in

Hub 3 says "Telephony(Disabled)" When I try to connect a phone. Yes, I am using a RJ11 Plug to BT Socket

28 REPLIES 28

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Understandable, 

I can certainly pass your feedback on to our management team and hopefully we can get some thing sorted for our existing customers soon. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Wait for five years and most of us should have been migrated to phone via the hub.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

oh great! I was 60 in March 😂

A mere youngster compared with me, I'll be 72 by the time VM migrates me off my physical landline.

--

I feel your pain!

Nah, these days 70 is more like 50.

--

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveinBeds wrote:

You asked, "Where did you see that instructions to plug it in?"

Due to my Hub 3 not working properly I was sent another hub.

Although the "new" hub I was sent was second hand it did come with instructions.

The instructions were also available online on the VM web site.

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/Virgin-TV-V6-QuickStart-Guide-for-New-Custom...

There is no guarantee you will get new equipment. All equipment that is rented out is new or refurbished. As long as it provides the service you pay for why is there a problem.

And just to point out the Hub based lines don't work during a power cut if one occurs in your house or in your network segment. A fixed line will continue to work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

"There is no guarantee you will get new equipment. All equipment that is rented out is new or refurbished. As long as it provides the service you pay for why is there a problem."

The fact is that it did not provide the service I pay for, so, it was a problem. I solved the problem myself once I bought and installed my own Wi-Fi Mesh system. When my Ring doorbell reports poor Wi-Fi, and the unit is two feet from the hub 3 then there is a problem. When my Google Pixel 3xl and Windows Surface Pro 7 has no Wi-Fi when it is the same room as the Hub 3 then there is a problem. When a friend of mine gets full Wi-Fi 50 feet down his garden and I cannot get any in my front driveway then there is a problem.

When the answer to that problem was to send me the same as what I already had and it performed in the same manor, then there is a problem. 

Six months ago, everything was great. Something happened, someone, somewhere did a firmware update or something else that rendered my Wi-Fi useless.

"And just to point out the Hub based lines don't work during a power cut if one occurs in your house or in your network segment. A fixed line will continue to work."

Yes, I know that, it's slightly obvious.

Oh great, just found out that my main account email address that I have had for over 15 years is no longer recognised by VM.

It goes from bad to worse.

Hi DaveinBeds,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there's an issue with your email.

Can you please advise if this the email you use to sign into your My Virgin Media account? Are you still able to sign into this if so?

Alex_Rm