cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 "Telephony(Disabled)"

DaveinBeds
Tuning in

Hub 3 says "Telephony(Disabled)" When I try to connect a phone. Yes, I am using a RJ11 Plug to BT Socket

28 REPLIES 28

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the phoneline via your hub part of your package?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveinBeds wrote:

Hub 3 says "Telephony(Disabled)" When I try to connect a phone. Yes, I am using a RJ11 Plug to BT Socket

It will say this if your Landline is currently provided via a seperate BT type socket on your wall. These sockets are not for general VoIP. These are exclusively for the next generation Virgin phone system that is gradually being rolled out.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hmm, explains a lot.

Does seem odd that they tell you just to plug it in and even checked the area I was in.

Thank you for your assistance.

The only customers who get the phone from their hub are new customers and those who have moved house.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

So, would it not make sense that when I log into VM and put in my postcode they could not tell me that as I have been a customer for 18 years, I cannot have it?

I moved to a new house 12 years ago, so my cable has not been touched in all that time.

Long standing customers seem to be limping along with outdated cables and modems and new customers get all the shiny stuff.

I just had to spend about £100 on a TP link deco m4 mesh system to improve the Wi-Fi as my Ring doorbell chime would come up as poor signal. It was plugged in eight feet from the hub 3. We would lose the Wi-Fi signal all together throughout the day.

I spent two weeks trying to phone VM and never got to speak to anyone. Why is there no system for calling customers back?

I tried the text system, but have never had a reply. I even lodged a compaint through there online complaints system and they never replied.

Why?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveinBeds wrote:

Hmm, explains a lot.

Does seem odd that they tell you just to plug it in and even checked the area I was in.

Thank you for your assistance.

Where did you see that instructions to plug it in?

@DaveinBeds wrote:

Long standing customers seem to be limping along with outdated cables and modems and new customers get all the shiny stuff.

The coax cable and modems are the same in existing cabled areas whether you have a separate landline or a Hub based line. The difference is that recently Virgin Media stopped selling the separate landlines even where there is cable for it. All new customers get a landline through a Hub.

Some existing customers have already been moved over as well and all customers eventually will be moved to the Hub based lines. But if your an existing customer with a separate landline Virgin Media will let you know when you have to do that.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

You asked, "Where did you see that instructions to plug it in?"

Due to my Hub 3 not working properly I was sent another hub.

Although the "new" hub I was sent was second hand it did come with instructions.

The instructions were also available online on the VM web site.

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/Virgin-TV-V6-QuickStart-Guide-for-New-Custom...

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @DaveinBeds

The link you have provided is regarding new customer set up. 

Are you still having issues with your landline? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

My landline is fine.

I just fancied having it go through the Hub 3.

😉