cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book engineer vist

borischelski
Tuning in

Over past few months my tv repeatedly skips/goes silent for 5 secs.

i have tried all the online fixes to no avail.

i have searched VM website but cant find how to make an appointment on line or home to chat to VM.

I wondered if someone could send me a link to vm own chat or to book engineer visit ?

25 REPLIES 25

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi borischelski, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your services. 

I've taken a look at your account and can see you have more than one TV box. Looking at these, I can see the input levels are affected on one of the TiVo box and your V6 box levels are also way out. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi borischelski,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hiya, I've got some damp work being carried out on my house which is going to have to remove my Virgin Media socket from the wall. Can I book an engineer visit to refit that please? Can't find a link online.

Hi @NaomiRS,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We can certainly look into getting this arranged however as this is a non fault call out, there is a £25 charge for this. 

Let me know if you would like to proceed and we can get a PM sent 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yes please, that would be good!

Sure! I'll send you a PM now 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello - no message yet, are you able to resend? The work is happening on 8 August so would love to be reconnected around then.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NaomiRS,

Thank you for coming back to us. I do apologise that you've not received the Private Message, I'll sent it over to you again now. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NaomiRS,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your wall socket issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

As previously discussed, this is a call out appointment and there will be a £25 charge for this appointment as my colleague previously advised.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team