cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book an engineer?

allenwestlands
Tuning in

My home phone has no dial tone and I'm unable to receive calls. Uncertain when this started but certainly a problem yesterday/today.

Have had Virginmedia package for many years, TV and broadband are still working. There have been no changes recently to home infrastructure or equipment.

Have:

• run tests on kit (result: 'inconclusive');
  • tried alternative handset, removed extension lead and plugged in directly to Virgin socket (result: still not working;
  • checked the service status (result: no known issues); and
  • checked bill payments (result: up to date).

Next step is to arrange technical support and/or book, if required, an engineer as soon as possible.

Can some one help shed some light on why my landline is dead and how to get it fixed?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Allenwestlands and welcome to our community,

We've booked the next available appointment for you, please check the details of this on your online account and reschedule this here if needed. 

Thanks, Emily.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

That is great, please keep us posted with how the visit goes and we're around if you have any concerns in the meantime. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team

Glad to hear the visit went well and the engineer was lovely. Please let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

8 REPLIES 8

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Allenwestlands and welcome to our community,

We've booked the next available appointment for you, please check the details of this on your online account and reschedule this here if needed. 

Thanks, Emily.

Thank you Emily (and have found appointment).

That is great, please keep us posted with how the visit goes and we're around if you have any concerns in the meantime. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team

Will do, thanks again.

Phone is fixed. 😊 The engineer was lovely and together the help received from Emily_G and Emma_C forum team members I am extremely happy with service received to fix the fault. Thank you all very much. 👍

Glad to hear the visit went well and the engineer was lovely. Please let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi , can i book an engineer to either replace box or cable ?

Hi Nally51,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you have an issue with your services. Can you please tell us what issues you have specifically so we can advise further and arrange an engineer if needed? Are you having problems with your broadband or TV service?

Let us know so we can help 🙂

Beth

Beth