cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get a response from the Executive Team?

Silenoz
Tuning in

I sent a complaint email to Lutz Schueler last Sunday 30th August,  and received a standard email response as below.  I still have not been contacted by anyone - what is their definition of "as soon as possible "?!

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us today.

We’re really sorry to hear you’re not quite happy with us and we want to make it right.  

We have passed your email onto a member of the Executive Complaints team and they will be in touch as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK I think that would be the best course of action to take first of all I'm sorry that's not been arranged until now - once an engineer has been able to check things over we can ensure that your complaint is followed up on. I'll get in touch via PM to confirm some details and hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

For what it's worth, I've been waiting 4 WEEKS for a reply from this 'mythical' 'executive team' that  Lutz Schueler refers to...

Sent another letter of complaint just over a week ago, and not even had a reply to that one!!! so I wouldn't hold your breath....

Basically, they are not interested, from the CEO downwards, zero interest, once they have your name on the contract, you are no longer of any use to them, so they just ignore you, or..send out these letters promising someone will be in touch, but nobody ever is..Much like the mythical 'someone will call you back in the next 48 hours' which is used by the 'customer service' operators to basically get rid of you off the phone...no more...no less...

Thanks for sharing your experience.   Confirms my view that I need to cancel and go elsewhere.   Shame as when it works its great, but if I can't even get a response to a problem (which is potentially fraud) then I'll not continue to reward their poor attitude. 

might be worth adding your comments to the trustpilot site...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

The more that see the truth, the better.......

If even the CEO isn't interested, then why shouldn't the general public know the truth??

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Silenoz, thanks for your post.

As per the complaints procedure detailed here: virg.in/ccop the aim is to resolve all complaints within 28 days - however as email isn't a method of contact provided for logging complaints I can't guarantee a response within any SLA unfortunately. 

May I ask what your complaint is regarding, maybe we can help here? 

Tom 

Hi Tom,

The complaint is regarding incorrect charges raised on the latest bill for home phone charges, when I don't have a telephone plugged in at home and never have had.

I spent over 6 hours online with the messaging people on Sunday 30th August who basically called me a liar.

After this, I emailed your CEO as I wasn't getting anywhere and had received no response to previous  complaints I have submitted.   The text posted above is the email response from the "Executive Team".

I do not consider 28 days and "as soon as possible" to be compatible time frames,  and would have expected to have had someone from the Executive Team contact me by now.

Perhaps you  could advise if they actually intend to respond, or do I have to close my account?

Anonymous
Not applicable
contacting the "Executive Team" is not a valid way to open a complaint.

Have you got a complaint reference number? if not the forum team may be able to log one for you. That will start the 28 days.

As stated previously,  it was because I had not received any response to the complaints previously raised that I emailed the CEO.  All complaint references were included in the email to the CEO.

Also as previously stated the Executive Team response said they would "be in touch as soon as possible " - not saying 28 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable
as soon as possible could mean 6 months depending on how busy they are.

If you had a complaint open for 28 days you must have the complaint reference number. If you didn't get a reply after 28 days ask for a deadlock letter and go to CISAS
https://www.ombudsman-services.org/providers/virgin-media

Kaptain
On our wavelength

Hi

I also raised a complaint with the executive team some time ago and received the same reply. Personally, I am not expecting a response and will simply wait the full eight weeks before referring my complaint to the Ombudsman. Also don't forget to make a complaint to Ofcom about the appalling service received. Also Trustpilot is another place to convey how poor the service provided by VM has been. I would also love to see the Chief Executive appearing on BBC Watchdog and try to explain away appalling service provided by VM to its customers.