cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for VM to initiate number port

matiushu
On our wavelength

I requested my existing BT/plusnet number to be ported across to VM phone when I added the phone to my contract. I requested this on 24/2/2022

I understand it takes 10 working days for the number to be ported, but does anybody know how soon VM initiate the request and what customer services number I can check this on ?

I keep getting conflicting dates when the number will be ported from the customer service team, either the 3rd or 8th March.

My existing provider hasn't received the request as yet and I cannot cancel the service until the number has been ported so incurring double charges.

Requesting here as the VM customer service team is useless as you get a different answer each time you call. It has been frustating to get a simple service started.

17 REPLIES 17

matiushu
On our wavelength

OK I just spoke to 2nd Billing Rep who has refunded the charges. It seems the Talk More Anytime was applied after the calls were made, but should have been applied from the beginning and has closed the complaint raised by the 1st Billing Rep.

Amazingly the 1st Billing Rep told me only 030 numbers were included in the package, 0345/0344 numbers were chargeable. I advised her that is not mentioned in https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010222_eve..., but she said she was looking at a document which she had googled (ha ha !)

All she was prepared to do was to raise a complaint which could take 30 days to resolve and didn't care that I could have incurred 30 days chargeable calls which complaints may not have accepted.

She was not prepared to let me speak to a Manager; stated manager only calls back after looking at the complaint. She spoke to a manager on my insistence to check her facts regarding 03 numbers and she told me that her Manager agreed that only complaints could resolve this. She wasn't willing to give me her Manager's name or let me speak to the Manager.

Wow - amazing difference.... 1st Rep on the phone for 59 minutes and then gave up... 2nd Rep resolved the issue within 5 mins !!!!

Hi @matiushu,

I'm very glad to hear that one of my colleagues was able to address and resolve the billing concern over the phone. I do apologise for the experience you've had in addressing that.

I can see you're still in conversation with my colleague via PM for your other concerns. They'll respond and assist you further in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

matiushu
On our wavelength

Yes I have updated and requested your forum colleague to assist me with the number port. I am told by Customer Services team that it will be completed on 8th March but I don't trust that because my current provider hasn't received the request to date, which is only 4 more working days.

The whole process of transferring my landline to VM has been a nightmare with multiple issues.. I have been on the phone to customer services for several hours every day... listening to music most of the time and then getting conflicting updates with each new rep. 😞

matiushu
On our wavelength

😞 😞 😞

Spoke too soon... yet another problem...

So the number port order raised by Zak_M for 14th March was cancelled this morning because I had texted Virgin Media. Why would I text to cancel a request that I needed to switch from my old provider....

I called VM customer services, spoke to Ash who has now raised a new request requesting priority port on 15/3, but I will not get a port service order number until the porting team have seen this new request....

I am really sorry to say this but Virgin Media have the worst service I have ever seen... The number of issues I have incurred to transfer my landline across is unbelievable... VM would never survive if there had a competitor for my needs.. this is an abuse of monopoly..

I am sick of hearing the words sorry, apologies, I will take responsibility, etc ... they are hollow.. these words would not be needed if VM had decent service.

What is frustrating is that I cannot speak to the porting team to track progress of this request...

Aargh !!!!!!!!!!!!

matiushu
On our wavelength

Really sorry to post this generally as I have and ongoing PM with one of the VM team regarding but just in case he hasn't had time to check on this.

Cust services tell me the VM porting team have rejected my Plusnet number port twice (due on 14/3 and 15/3) by the VM Porting team but customer service cannot tell me the reason why as its not stated on the update. Plusnet confirm they have not rejected the request and they are processing the number to be ported on 14/3 and will have to cancel the line thereafter as its tied to my plusnet broadband service.

Does anybody know why and who would reject the porting ?

I am worried that I may need to keep Plusnet account active to keep the line as the number is critical for me.

Any suggestions or if I can understand why the port is being rejected would be really helpful for me to decide on what to do

matiushu
On our wavelength

Hi @PeterK1

Was your number ported in the end ? and how long did it take a I have the same issue and not sure I can keep paying plusnet monthly bill and virgin media monthly bill.

I can't understand why my port request has been rejected by virgin media porting team when my old provider (plusnet) have already scheduled the port to virgin on 14/3/2022

As per ofcomm the number range is owned by BT, so could they be rejecting the request even though plusnet have agreed. 

I am in a PM conversation with forum team member Zak_M and hoping he can assist me as the number is critical for me. Haven't had remit yesterday and now only 5 working days left

matiushu
On our wavelength

Hi

I have been communicating with Zak_M by PM to assist me with the porting of my landline number from plusnet to virgin media and left a note for him that I have cancelled the port on 14/3/2022 with plusnet as the line would cease if virgin media were not able to pick it up at the same time.

Zak_M advised me earlier that BT or Openreach were rejecting the port with code 28 even though plusnet had approved. He was waiting on BT to confirm why it was being rejected as he could see no reason why.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Zak_M, so if somebody on the virgin media forum team can pass this message on for me.

I wanted to ask for a new number port request to be made to plusnet for new date once BT had confirmed the rejection request.

Hi matiushu,

Thanks for getting in touch. As Zak is already dealing with this query he will get back to you as soon as he can. He may not yet be on shift, however as soon as he picks up his messages he will reply.

Kind regards Jodi.