Menu
pp0011
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you cancel virgin telephone?

I'm struggling to cancel a virgin telephony service that I didn't want and have never used.
I was able to not pay for this telephony service for one month after phoning them previously (from my mobile 😉 ) but have subsequently been charged for it, each and every month.
Does anybody actually use a landline any more and why is it so difficult to get it turned off?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you cancel virgin telephone?

You are charged for it because it is part of your service contract. It also reduces the cost of your Broadband as there is a huge discount attached to phone lines.

You will need to contact Retentions & renegotiate your deal, as removing the phone line means you lose the above discount. It is not uncommon to end up paying more without the phone line than you did with it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

pp0011
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really, I wouldn't have thought that.  I'll get onto them

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There isn't any massive discount that covers the £200 a year line rental.  This is some kind of myth spread on this board.

Broadband only is cheaper than broadband and home phone including line rental.  

You need to ring 150 from the unwanted landline and choose thinking of leaving Virgin Media.  That way should bring you through to a UK call centre who can find a price for broadband only for you.  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s not a myth. New customer deals do pick up a difference, but existing customer deals will usually lose you money. The system is weighted against you.

The maximum you could gain on by dropping the landline on the old triple play bundles was £5 a month.

Don’t count on getting UK by phoning Retentions either now, as with Swansea closed a lot of these calls are now going offshore as well.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped