cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a list of ALL calls made on my virgin phone?

jdearden
Joining in

After wading through all the menus to get to speak to somebody on the 150 number, I was told there is no way of getting a list of call made on my account that aren't chargeable.

I do not believe that any telecoms provider would be allowed operate if it didn't keep a history of calls made on there service, so why is virgin media refusing to provide me, the account holder, this detail?

Does anybody know how to get, what I thought was a reasonable question answered?

Is there a easy way to get past the inept first line call handlers?

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are very few if any providers that now show inclusive calls on your bills. You are not being billed for them so any reason to show them no longer exists.

That is where it gets more complicated. Under the current Data Protection rules telecom providers cannot just release the information. The customer has to make a specific request, known a Subject Access Request.

Details of what you need to do are linked below:

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

I know the above is convoluted & seems over the top, but this is now a requirement of the legislation in force & something that is designed to stop data getting into the wrong hands.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are very few if any providers that now show inclusive calls on your bills. You are not being billed for them so any reason to show them no longer exists.

That is where it gets more complicated. Under the current Data Protection rules telecom providers cannot just release the information. The customer has to make a specific request, known a Subject Access Request.

Details of what you need to do are linked below:

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

I know the above is convoluted & seems over the top, but this is now a requirement of the legislation in force & something that is designed to stop data getting into the wrong hands.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jdearden, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid we're not able to provide call records for any calls that are not chargeable. 

There is only one exception to this and that's if you require itemised billing for use in Court.

If this is the case, on production of a Court Notice, the Police Liaison Unit will produce and witness itemised billing at a charge of £10 for each month/part month of billing requested.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I require an itemised bill for an 03 number which is free under my package. I need this for a civil court case to prove the times of my calls in order to satisfy the judge. I have been told that this is not possible due to np charge being made. However on reading this post it seems to be possible. It therefore follws that if these calls can be produced for a court then they must be available. I await your response.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Jimbo222,

Do you have a Court Notice as yet? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie, I have a tribunal coming up in a few weeks with HM Courts and Tribunal Services, I am bringing a case against the Department for Work & Pensions, on the 16th July 2019 I received a call from a medical assessment centre changing my appointment times, would incoming calls to my phone also show on the call history as it would be insanely helpful if that information was available? I do have an HM Courts reference number if that helps or I could scan the tribunal letter if needed. I am a disabled veteran fighting to claim an extra £30 per week to help with extra medicines and travel for hospital appointments, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for jumping on Jimbo222 thread 🙂

Warmest Regards

Steve

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SteFawcett

Welcome to the forums and for your first post.

I am sorry to advise that we do not store or have any records of any incoming calls to your landline. 

We do wish you all the best with your tribunal though. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thanks, Katie

Was but a dream, and thanks for your kind words, fingers crossed

Steve

bloodreport
Joining in

if my phone is being help by the police as evidence can l legally have Virgin transfer that number to my new phone so that l can continue to use my contract

Hi bloodreport,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Relating this question, you'll need to speak to the police or have your legal representative to contact them regarding your legal rights.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill