cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I book a technician visit?

Mangoman70
Joining in

I have received Fibre Phone Adaptor which is to be installed by 30th May. However my hub is in a different room to me land line so need a technician to help with an extension cable. I have been going around in circles trying tio find out how to book a technician visit but have got nowhere. I need help urgently!!

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mangoman70 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to get assistance with booking an engineer to re-wire your home for the home phone switch over. 

I can certainly help with this request. I can book an engineer to come and see if a rewire is possible for you and discuss the options to keep your in home set up as is. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

This is David Blackmore - Mangoman 70. Can you help me with booking a technician visit to install the Fibre Phone Adaptor

Yes, I can help with that @Mangoman70 

I have sent you a private message so we can pass account security to discuss the account and get this all arranged for you. Let me know if you're having any issues at all seeing or replying to your private messages. 

You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @Mangoman70 
I have now booked you a visit for your rewire request. If you need to reschedule at all for any reason, please do let us know before 4pm the day before your appointment and we can get this rearranged for you. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley,

I have an extension phone in a different room from the hub. Please could you help me to book an engineer to rewire?

Also, I do not understand what is meant by "network outage" in the general email about the change. Which network does it refer to? Is it Virgin's fibre network or my mobile phone service provider's network? Either way, I'd like to be certain that I will be able to call emergency services if one or both of those networks suffers an outage. I'd be grateful for your advice.

Kind regards

In this context a 'network outage' refers to an internet connectivity failure through the VM broadband.