cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i cancel EBUL service from my account?

Kayl
Joining in

Hi,

First of all thank you all replies from my Previous post about EBUL, NOW ITS BEEN SORTED.

Today, Virgin media services are completely Shut down. (No Broadband, TV, Landline)

When I check service status from my mobile phone,  it says there is issues in your area. They will fix the problem by 23.30 tonight.

Broadband + TV service status shows on yellow highlights issue and Landline  shows OK 

I can heard the dial tone then it says there is problem with your phone service. 

I have check my Landline to  connect with wired phone as well but no luck.

My question is why my phone service status shows OK online ? 

Can online tell me about HOW TO CANCEL EBUL service from my account?

Thanks 

Kayl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The simple reason is that your phone plugs into your hub. If there is an issue with the IP side of your services then these phones won't work. The EBUL is a mobile backup service that will only call 999 in the case of an emergency. You cannot use it as a normal phone.

The phone service status indication is for the older POTS wired phone service that does not use the hub.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The simple reason is that your phone plugs into your hub. If there is an issue with the IP side of your services then these phones won't work. The EBUL is a mobile backup service that will only call 999 in the case of an emergency. You cannot use it as a normal phone.

The phone service status indication is for the older POTS wired phone service that does not use the hub.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The EBUL is not a guarantee of being able to access the emergency services 24/7. Nevertheless you should keep it in case your mobile doesn't work.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kayl, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you have had an outage in your area, and thank you  @nodrogd for your explanation 🙂 

If you are still unhappy with your EBUL and wish to remove please let us know.

Zoie

Kayl
Joining in

Good evening to all members, 

I have deactivate EBUL service from my home telephone. Customer services said to that, you can remove ÈBUL from vergin hub and from telephone socket now and after 24 hours your phone service will start normal. 

After 24 hours, I can not dial as it says there there is problem with your telephone line. So I connect EBUL to the hub and telephone socket. Now telephone working. 

My question is why I have to Keep EBUL  CONNECTING? while Customer service says it has been deactivate?

Thx guys.,

Kayl

Hey @Kayl,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline, I have looked further into this and can see that you spoke to the team less than 24 hours ago, what time did you disconnect your EBUL last night?

Have you rebooted your hub since you disconnected the EBUL from your line?

Regards,

Steven_L