Soothill
Joining in

How can i access text messages on my landline

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Soothill

Thank you for posting on our community forum!

If you check the link here and read page 26-29 you can view all information available on the Virgin Media Text system 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I downloaded the booklet and then called Virgin Media on 150 to double check. I was given a lecture that it does not work and could I imagine how it should work, if.....

Travis_M are you saying by refering to the booklet that I CAN get text messages onto my Virgin landline if the phone is compatible?

Hey Rad1o, thank you for reaching out. 

Yes if you read through the link Travis has said this should give you all the information you need.

However as mentioned you would need a compatible handset. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Rad1o wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the booklet and then called Virgin Media on 150 to double check. I was given a lecture that it does not work and could I imagine how it should work, if.....

Travis_M are you saying by refering to the booklet that I CAN get text messages onto my Virgin landline if the phone is compatible?

This has been asked on here before. I can't recall a clear and final answer emerging in past topics.

Read the footnote at the bottom of page 29 though

Note: This service is only supported in areas 01-18. To check which area you’re in, go to virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia, or check your bill next to ‘Area reference’. Virgin Media Text isn’t available in the Purple area.

AIUI, 'Purple Area' means a phone connection via the back of the VM hub.

Thank you for the reply,

We are in area 30 or purple....

I have read those pages and tried some of the hacks, but I missed the footnote.

So no text for us. Is Virgin upgrading areas to get text to landlines or is this set in stone now?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Rad1o wrote:

Thank you for the reply,

We are in area 30 or purple....

I have read those pages and tried some of the hacks, but I missed the footnote.

So no text for us. Is Virgin upgrading areas to get text to landlines or is this set in stone now?

I think you will need the VM forum team to investigate the footnote and clarify the details therein (if they can actually find out such information that is).

Thanks for coming back to us @Rad1o.

We're always looking to add further features for our customers and will be sure to keep all customers updated with any additional services/features we're able to offer our customers.

Kindest regards,

David