cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move/old phone number migration question

JuSi71
Joining in

Hi,

I moved home early Sept and opted to keep my old home landline number.  Was with virgin at old house for home phone/BB/TV so just switched the exact same package staying with virgin at the new house, but then after installation we noticed we'd got a new home tel number.  This rather took us by surprise - kinda explains why no-one called.  We've called support twice now, passed around different departments - been told twice we will get our old tel number back in around 10 days as it's not 'been recycled'.

Still stuck on a new landline number.  Pretty much losing hope of getting our old home phone number back, just wondering if there's anything anyone here could suggest I do as two lengthy calls to support haven't got us any further forward.

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JuSi71,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your old number was not ported over to your new home.

I would love to help you with this, I will send your a private message so I can help you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are in the same trunk dialling code area as your old house you should be able to keep your number. If you have moved out of the trunk dialling area your number cannot move with you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks