cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosue phone keeps bleeping

Tasjay05
Tuning in

Hi there,

Since we've had the hub installed, the house phone keeps bleeping. It's not the voicemail and we are able to receive and make calls just fine. Can yhis be looked into.

Thanka

15 REPLIES 15

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tasjay05 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry about the bleeping sound on the phone. Just to confirm, you are connected to the telephone port on the router? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi there,

Yes we are.

Also the VPN on the laptop does not work either.

Thanks for confirming and you've called the voicemail line and nothing there? 

VPN's we don't support but if you do search the community, there's lots of advice on them 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Tasjay05 wrote:

Hi there,

Since we've had the hub installed, the house phone keeps bleeping. It's not the voicemail and we are able to receive and make calls just fine. Can yhis be looked into.

Thanka

Are you using a Hub 5 and is your experience anything like this customer's (the 'chiming' part rather than all the other symptoms)?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Telephone-keeps-chiming-and-cannot-dial-out/td-p/511...

Only slightly, the only difference is we can make calls perfectly fine. The phone just bleeps immentley throughout the day and night.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Tasjay05 wrote:

Only slightly, the only difference is we can make calls perfectly fine. The phone just bleeps immentley throughout the day and night.

Are you using a Hub 5?

Thanks for confirming Tasjay05. No Hub 5, daft question, have you tried unplugging it and replugging it in to see if it solves this?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Yes, done this earlier but the issue remains