cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

RS6avant
On our wavelength

I keep getting calls where the phone doesn’t ring and when I look at missed calls I get a screen showing as call ‘unavailable’

Can’t understand why it doesn’t ring. 
It is working for other call. 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that. 

It's not something I could 100% say for certain - just to check, every time is it 'unavailable' rather than a number? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RS6avant, 

Thank you for your post. 

Just to check - do you have like an anonymous caller rejection active on your landline? It's the only thing I can think of with the context you've given. It might be that, as it doesn't ring but shows 'unavailable' which it would do if a number was withheld. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. Not aware of that and in the past has rung out for witheld etc 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that. 

It's not something I could 100% say for certain - just to check, every time is it 'unavailable' rather than a number? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@RS6avant wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Not aware of that and in the past has rung out for witheld etc 

Are you using a Hub 5 by any chance (the latest version of hub)?

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Definitely 

RS6avant
On our wavelength

I am it’s been installed for a few weeks but this issue has only been happening the last couple of days. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@RS6avant wrote:

I am it’s been installed for a few weeks but this issue has only been happening the last couple of days. 

I think your description fits with this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

known issue on the Hub 5. Users with BT phones were first mentioned experiencing the problem on the Hub 5 but other makes have now also been mentioned.

RS6avant
On our wavelength

So reading that do I assume that Virgin has mad a recent change to the phone system?

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Made!!