cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

ianhill51
Tuning in

My landline has not been working since August  8, initially virgin had a pre recorded message saying they were working on it then for about 2-3 days there was no message  so assuming the issue was a fault at my end  I booked an engineer  call out for tomorrow now the pre recorded message is back saying they are trying to fix it all this time your service status page has said there is mo problems .Question is when will it be fixed and should I cancel the engineer appointment for tomorrow as the prerecorded  message says they are aware of the issue.

14 REPLIES 14

So virgin  technician came out yesterday he was excellent 👌 he said the landline was out of action due to the switch over to landlines now  comming from the hub3 but customers were not getting letters or emails about it he said it was a massive problem with the lack of communication from virgin to their  customers. Anyway he changed the router to hub3 we have new Internet,he  also fitted an extension cable thing to connect the upstairs phone to the router and did some work on the cables outside he was fab he then called some virgin department for technicians to get the landlibe up and running  said it only takes 5 minutes but has to be done from their end they said it was planned and booked to be done on their side tomorrow morning which is now today  the technician  was supprised about this ,well update is I STIL HAVE NO LANDLINE ! please get this fixed this is a terrible service the engineer  was so embarrassed that he kept going to customers and they knew nothing about the switch over but all had their landlines failing to work he was a super star and before you say it I asked if I needed to get new phones the technician said absolutely 💯 % NO my existing phones were compatable

Thank you for that information. I'm very sorry you've still not got any landline service. 

What I will need to do is private message you so I can pass some data protection and going through some checks. 

^Martin

Ok

I have replied to all your private messages still my LANDLINE IS NOT WORKING !

Thank you for chatting with me over Private Message ianhill51. 

I'm glad we were able to get the engineer booked in. 

^Martin