cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

v0wl3sy
Joining in

Virgin Media I’m tired of explaining…but here we go again…phone line was crackly for a couple of months thought it was the handset as it was old. Replaced them and still crackly….then about a week later no dial tone. Finally got round to making contact last week, couldn’t fix my problem and would get someone to call me back….never happened. I called again last Thursday arranged for an engineer to come out on Friday, which they did, fixed whatever the issue was phones working again. An hour later phone line is dead no ring tone. I called yesterday 2nd line said they could find my account, would get 3rd line to call me back within 4-24 hours later…guess what no call back. I called again to after the 24hrs was up, same process 1st line can’t help, transfer to 2nd line, again. Same as yesterday they couldn’t help either. Now they are saying I will have to wait again 4-24 hours for a call back….requested to speak to a supervisor and they say there isn’t one and they will call he back in next 48hrs….not good enough.

Im still without a phone line and as you can probably tell….extremely dissatisfied with the service I’m receiving

4 REPLIES 4

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi v0wl3sy,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your first post here.

I am very sorry to hear of the journey you've had in trying to fix the issue with your landline. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you. 

I've had a look at the account and can see that there is an issue with the connection to your landline - according to the notes from the previous engineer appointment, it looks like the initial issue was found with the internal equipment in the home. Can you please confirm if you have any additional pieces of equipment connected to the phone line, and if your landline is plugged into an extension socket or if it's plugged into your Master socket?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

there was no internal issue…engineer fixed a split cable in the driveway. I only have the phone line connected to the master plug….nothing else. Router is from the cable for the tv

Thanks for coming back to us @v0wl3sy.

I have looked into your account and we would need to send another technician out to resolve the issues with your dial tone, the number is correctly provisioned on our network with no faults that we can see remotely.

I will need to book this in for you but first, I would need to confirm a few details with you, so that we can get the visit booked in.

I will send over a private message in a moment to ask for the details that we need to get this booked in.

Regards

Steven_L

Can you please advise what is going on with my home phone line…??