cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone voicemail disabled

Leamphil
Tuning in

My voicemail mailbox appears to be disabled, and when ringing 1571 I get a message to say "It looks like you have a problem".  I tried ringing my home phone from my mobile and do not get the option to leave a message (just a click).

I have tried ringing 150, got bounced through two advisors, and after 40 minutes the second advisor said he'd fixed it but it still does not work.

I have renewed my contract recently if that is at all relevant.

Help please !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My 1571 problem has been fixed by Wendy in technical support - she had to use a tool caused Stream Wide to do so, something that the helpdesk doesn't have access to .... so worth asking for this when raising a similar call.

Regards,

Leamphil

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Leamphil, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with voicemail on your landline service. 

You have mentioned you have recently renewed your contract so I would like to take a look from our side and just make sure everything has been set up correctly. 

I will pop a private message over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Despite Natalie's assistance the problem is still there (1571 does not works, says "It looks like you have a problem ...").

1571 feature has been switched off and then back on again ("re-provisioned") but no joy.

Natalie has escalated it and raised a ticket with the networking team.

Regards,

Leamphil

Anonymous
Not applicable
I battled VM with the same error and an unreliable telephone for nearly two months since it went "digital" with no end of lies and broken promises.. Switched to BT in the end. Life is too short and my vulnerable relatives lives (who needed to be able to contact me) are too important to waste on Virgin media. Watch out for a story in the press at some point.

Hi Leamphil, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that your voicemail issue is ongoing. As Natalie is dealing with your issue, I am sure she will continue to monitor and get back to you when she has an update.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Jon975, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am really sorry to hear that you had a poor experience which has led to you leaving our company.  I hope you have the very best of luck for the future.

Regards

Lee_R

My 1571 problem has been fixed by Wendy in technical support - she had to use a tool caused Stream Wide to do so, something that the helpdesk doesn't have access to .... so worth asking for this when raising a similar call.

Regards,

Leamphil

Thank for the update Leamphil.

We're pleased to hear this issue has not been resolved and we will pass your thanks on to Wendy in our technical support for you.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

"We're pleased to hear this issue has not been resolved" - I think you mean "has been resolved" !

Apologies, my mistake Leamphil

My message should have said we are pleased, this issue has now been resolved. 

Many thanks Jodi.