cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone switchover

CBandM
Joining in

Despite your letter dated 10 March and at least 2 email confirmation messages that our landline would be switched to your fibre network on 6 June, no adaptor was received in the post to enable our home phone to continue to work, yet the date came and went and our landline continued to work as normal.

In the meantime however, I received a text, assuring me that the switchover was complete, so I called 150 on 8 June and spoke to one of your technical team, who was helpful, reassuring me that although I should have received the adaptor, he would put in an order for another one, that the switchover would not now take place until 5 July and that I merely needed to wait until then before inserting the piece of kit.

I asked if he would advise his line manager of the confusion caused by the text message and he said he would.

All seemed well therefore until we noticed on 10 June that our home phone was no longer working and continues to display the messages "Power cut. Check time/date are correct?" and "Line cord error" and we cannot get a line tone any longer.

What is going on? Virgin Media seem to be in a complete mess, despite what should be a premium service, especially in light of the cost of our monthly subscription!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As long as it's sorted that's the main thing 🙂

Do pop us a post if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello CBandM, thank you for reaching today, and I am so sorry to hear about this experience you have received.

Okay, so I have a taken a look at our side and can see what's happened here.

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into in more depth if that's okay?

Please can you keep an eye out for the purple envelope. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

CBandM
Joining in

Dear Matthew,

I was unable to view your message until returning from a short time away from home.

As I think I mentioned before, an adaptor arrived in the post and after I plugged it in, the home phone started working immediately.

Today, however, while looking for something else, I discovered another phone adaptor which I assume you must have sent some time ago and which I must have placed in a drawer for safekeeping and subsequently forgotten about!

I therefore owe you and Virgin Media a huge apology and I am ashamed to admit my mistake!

I am therefore returning the adaptor in the envelope supplied in the hope that it can be used by another customer.

Once again, my apologies and my thanks for your help.

Martin King

As long as it's sorted that's the main thing 🙂

Do pop us a post if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks and best wishes to your colleague, Matthew.