Menu
MrGrb79
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone porting hastle

I got VM installed on 14/05/19 and ever since we've been stuck with a temp home phone number. My old number was to be ported over on the 29th of May. This came and went with no change. I was contacting VM through their text service but all i got was "the request was still open" and "I'll raise a new request" which was to complete on the 12th June. Again, this has come and went with no change. There are now 2 open requests to get my number ported over from Sky to VM. We have missed calls from our GP surgery, hospital appointments as well as from family and friends. We have been given a temp number from the engineer who carried out the installation, but due to the inconvience we have been reluctant to give this out as we would just have to tell people to stop using it and revert back to our original number. Now it takes so long to get a responce from your text services, i feel i'm being ignored. Can this be escalated?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone porting hastle

Hi MrGrb79,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you have faced, it is not what we like to hear our customers have had to go through. Have you had any contact from the team explaining why this has happened? Whether there has been an error in the number transfer request? Are you also able to confirm if the Sky landline is still active?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
MrGrb79
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Louis,

No, no-one has offered up any expanation why this has failed to port twice. I spoke to someone from the porting resolution team on Thursday, but still there has been no movement on getting my home phone number ported over. As far as i'm still aware, i still have 2 open requests to get the number ported. As well as the inconvenience this has caused, i'll really disappionted that nobody from VM has tried to make any contact with me to keep me updated. I've been constantly dialling the number but keep getting a dead line tone so i can only assume the number is not active.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us MrGrb79.

Please could you respond to the private message,  I'm about to send over as I will need to know a few more details, so that I can look into the porting issue further.

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos