cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone on router

staceymo
Joining in

Several years ago we had an engineer visit to fix our landline. He replaced the phone cable around the outside of the house, but didn't clip it to the wall, just left it lying on the drive. He said an engineer would be back to clip it up, but that never happened. Now the phone has gone again, and I was wondering whether it would just be better to have the phone connected to the router, rather than having the line replaced again?

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @staceymo,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your cable and the landline service. We're gradually rolling our the switchover of landline services from the wall socket to the router, and you can find out more on that here.

Would you mind providing a photo of the damaged/unsecure clip that you're referring to for me? Also, in regards to the landline service itself, are you getting no dial tone at all currently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

As you can see, the wire is just laying on the floor, and the connections are exposed. We can receive calls but not call out. Given the choice, I would prefer the router connection, how long do you think I'll have to wait?

20220310_073804.jpg20220310_073840.jpg

Hi @staceymo,

Thank you for providing those photos. I'm afraid I couldn't give you a definitive timeframe as to when you'll have the switchover, but I don't imagine you'd have to wait too long.

For now, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so I can take some extra details from you to address the current issue. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @staceymo,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could have a closer look at things. As discussed, I've now arranged for a technician visit to go ahead to get this looked at.

We're unable to confirm the date/time of a booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team