cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone number cloned/spoofed

p-con
Dialled in

Has anyone else had this problem, recently we have been getting a lot of phone calls from total strangers saying that we've rung them, or they've got a missed call from us, when it's actually nothing to do with us.

We've never had this problem before, and it's only just started in the past couple of months.

I had a lady screaming at me today when I said I hadn't called her, and refused to accept it was nothing to do with me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, it has been mentioned on here before, unfortunately.

Scammers have taken to using real numbers (cloned from innocent parties) to use as fake caller IDs.

With any luck your cloned number will be swapped for another one shortly and, hopefully, the irate return calls to your line will stop.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, it has been mentioned on here before, unfortunately.

Scammers have taken to using real numbers (cloned from innocent parties) to use as fake caller IDs.

With any luck your cloned number will be swapped for another one shortly and, hopefully, the irate return calls to your line will stop.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @p-con,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that this is happening. You can find more information regarding number spoofing here.

Sadly there's not much we can do to stop this from happening, and it should hopefully cease soon. Alternatively, we can look at changing your landline number if you'd prefer.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!