cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working.

Kempy68
Tuning in

My landline intermittently stops working. This has been going on for two weeks. Sometimes the phone is not working (no dialling tone, unable to make or receive calls) during the day and then comes back on later in the evening. 

I have done all the system checks on the website which says ‘no problems in your area’ . I have phoned 150 and got through to someone who advised me that there is an outage in my area and engineers are working on the problem. No one could tell me when the problem will be fixed ! 

Any ideas ? 

36 REPLIES 36

Hi @Kempy68

I am sorry to hear you are having further issues with the phone.

I have sent you a private message with the details of the new technician appointment. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, 

Ive sent you a PM, but in case you don’t see it I’ll post here as well. 

Virgin media texted me today at 12.16 to say the service visit was on hold while they investigated a network problem in my area. And that they would update me when fixed. This same thing happened last week and the visit was cancelled as the fault had been “fixed” but the next day the phone wasn’t working again. So back to square one! I’ve texted them asking not to cancel the service visit but not sure if anyone will acknowledge it ? Can you help in any way ? 

Thank you 🙏 

Hi Vikki, 

Now received text from Virgin media at 17.16 saying they’ve fixed the network issue affecting my services. You remember this happened last week - phone was ok and the next day stopped working again. I can only hope it is fixed this time, but if it goes down again.... !

Can you let me know if the service visit for Tuesday has been cancelled or not ? 

Thank you. 

Hi @Kempy68

Thank you for the update.

I have sent you a private message to confirm the status of the appointment for you.

Please respond there when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, 

I have sent you a PM regarding the home phone not working again. It stopped working this afternoon. 

Kempy68

Hi @Kempy68

I have responded to your private message, I am sorry this has gone down again. 

I will reach out to our network team as advised and will update you as soon as I hear back. 

Vikki - Forum Team

krunker
Joining in

Check that your phone's or device's phone cable is inserted into the right port. Unplug the gadget or phone from the wall jack. Connect your phone or gadget to another electrical jack that you know is operational. If the dial tone reappears, this indicates that the prior wall jack is broken or malfunctioning.          krunker

Hi Krunker, 

Thanks for the advice and tip. 

My phone is back working again now after a reoccurring outage that has been fixed overnight. Hopefully this has finally solved the problem ! 

Thanks. 

Hi Vikki, 

I sent you a PM yesterday about the phone still not working. It was off most of the day and last night. Still not working this morning. 

I seem to be getting nowhere with this. If a technician could come out to check the line here, at least that would eliminate any fault at my end or not ? 

Hi

I am very concerned as I am unable to make calls to my mum's Virgin landline.  She is in BH17 area of Poole.  I have checked and it says no issues on website.   Is anyone able to make a more detailed check for me?  I know sometimes she has difficulties if it is windy.

Many thanks.

D