cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working

id52
Joining in

My home phone has no dial tone and I'm unable to receive calls. Last known to be working on Sunday.

Have had Virginmedia package for many years, TV and broadband are still working. There have been no changes recently to home infrastructure or equipment.

Have:

• run tests on kit (result: 'inconclusive');
  • tried alternative handset, removed extension lead and plugged in directly to Virgin socket (result: still not working;
  • checked the service status (result: no known issues); and
  • checked bill payments (result: up to date).

Next step is to arrange technical support and/or book, if required, an engineer as soon as possible.

Can some one help shed some light on why my landline is dead and how to get it fixed?

*** UPDATE*** next door neighbour (also on virgin) has same fault

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi id52,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your landline. 

As you have already done those check it does sound like an engineer is required for this. 

I am unable to locate your account on our side and so what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

id52
Joining in

Moved to correct area

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi id52,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your landline. 

As you have already done those check it does sound like an engineer is required for this. 

I am unable to locate your account on our side and so what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Thanks to Martin - it turned out to be an area fault which has now been rectified.

I'm glad to hear this has all been sorted for you. 

^Martin