cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working and can't speak to a human at Virgin

Emma35
Tuning in

Our VM landline has stopped working in the past few days - when we pick up the phone there is no dial tone.  When the number is called the phone does not ring, and if I call out that does not work. The phone is plugged directly into a wall socket, and the Virgin telephone plug. The phone gives an error message; please check the line cord.

I've gone through the service status checks, seemingly there are no known landline issues in our area.  I've also tried a different handset but it has the same issue. I have contacted Virgin by phone, email and their online bot - but they just keep sending me back to the help pages - which I have already been on three times and done everything suggested. Nothing works. I have now raised a complaint as I can't talk to a human being. Any tips please anyone? Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Emma35, thanks for your post and I'm really sorry that you've got problems with your landline and also getting through to us.

It seems like you've already done a lot of checks which although haven't worked, is great because it's sped things up, as I would've asked you to do all of those things anyway!

I've ran further diagnostics and although there doesn't appear to be a fault on the line, we'll need to get an engineer out to you to check what's happening and get this sorted.

I'm going to send you a quick PM if that's okay, just to ask you to confirm a couple of details so I can get the technician booked in.

Please reply to my PM as soon as possible!

Thank you

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Emma35, thanks for your post and I'm really sorry that you've got problems with your landline and also getting through to us.

It seems like you've already done a lot of checks which although haven't worked, is great because it's sped things up, as I would've asked you to do all of those things anyway!

I've ran further diagnostics and although there doesn't appear to be a fault on the line, we'll need to get an engineer out to you to check what's happening and get this sorted.

I'm going to send you a quick PM if that's okay, just to ask you to confirm a couple of details so I can get the technician booked in.

Please reply to my PM as soon as possible!

Thank you

Tom_W

Thank you very much, Tom. And I am so happy to finally be in contact with a human being! I have replied to your dm.

Hello @Emma35,

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline problem – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and I'll pop you a PM to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

I do hope this helps, and please let me know if you've got any further concerns.

Tom_W

Thanks Tom

You're welcome @Emma35 - please do keep in touch following your appointment as discussed via PM!

Thanks again

Tom_W

Hi @Emma35, thanks for your message to me via PM.

Just replying publicly so I can close this thread off.

I'm really glad that the engineer was able to fix the problem for you quickly! Really glad I could be of help.

I'll do as you've requested via PM, thanks so much for your time during this correspondence and take care.

Regards

Tom_W

Thank you Tom - yes, Chad was super quick and efficient and all is ok now. 🙂

Fantastic news @Emma35!

Glad I could be of help and also Chad too.

Thank you

Tom_W