cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not accepting certain numbers

Tonster365
Joining in
  • my home phone can't accept mine or my daughters numbers. 

Are these blocked? Is there a way to check? 

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tonster365

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment 

Can you confirm if you hear any messages at all when you call the landline from your mobile or is it just a engaged tone?

What happened when you call the numbers from you landline?

What are the network providers for both of these numbers?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I can call the numbers from landline no problem. 

When I call my virgin landline it's says this number is not available. 

My provider is THREE and hers is EE

When you call the landline number do you have a+44 at the front?

Can you try with and without the +44 and with a 0 instead to see if this works. Please try manually typing in your landline rather than using a save contact to see if this works. Let me know how you get on.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi that doesn't work either

Do you know of any other persons mobiles that are not able to call the landline and get the same message? 

Do you have any third party equipment plugged into you phone, such as a call divert or call guardian? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi I have none of these things. I get messages saying that you have dialled an incorrect number or calls to this number are not being connected. Calls to this number are not being connected. 

Are you able to check if any other numbers are able to call your landline? And to see if this only affects mobile or if landline numbers are also unable to call?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Some numbers can make calls. That is why it is so weird some are not. I was wondering this because it seems as if they were blocked 

Hi Tonster365, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you're having this ongoing issue with receiving calls from certain phone numbers or networks.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R