Menu
2painful
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home phone line not working and impossible to get a response from Virgin Media

Home phone line dead this morning - followed on line instructions - service test tells me to ring 150 from home - well thats impossible - so call the 0333 000 3101 number from Vodafone mobile - gave up after 20 mins

Tried 0345 454 1111 - gave up after 15 mins

Tried ringing 0333 no. again - after going through all the keypad options get message that contact centre closed - why not put that message first rather than waste customers time and frustrate further?

WebChat -started 15:14 - its now 18:03 and not had any response !!

SO still have no phone line which is needed needed for work - have resorted to this after over 3 1/2 hours wasted and running up a Vodafone mobile bill 

Virgin Media - is there anyone there ??

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone line not working and impossible to get a response from Virgin Media

Good Morning 2painful.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your phone line

Can you please elaborate on what instructions you followed? Can you tell me if you have other pieces of equipment plugged into the phone line? Is the handset plugged into the master socket or an extension socket? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
2painful
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone line not working and impossible to get a response from Virgin Media

Hi 

i followed all of the Virgin Media online support for issues with phone line - unplugging from sockets & back - there is no dial tone & when you ring number from another phone its dead - no engaged tone or anything.

Nothing else connected to phone socket. Handset is plugged into an extension usually but ive also plugged it directly into phone socket & still nothing.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response 2painful.

Let's take this to PM so we can take a closer look, with a view to sending an engineer out to you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos