cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone fault

themarsden21
Joining in

My home phone has been off since yesterday. I have no incoming or outgoing calls.

I have been through the on line faulting and line checker. No luck.

How do I get an engineer to attend as I can't dial 150

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi themarsden21,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing no dial tone on your landline. 

Can we ask if you are able to try another handset to eliminate the equipment? We also recommend removing any other devices attached to your line, including any extension phones.

We have checked the systems for our end and you're not being affected by any area faults.

We have also included a self- help link here which might be of use https://virg.in/fixlandline

Please try the above first and come back to us if further assistance is required.  

Kind regards Jodi. 

Following your reply I have checked and replaced handset to no avail. How do I get an engineer appointment. As an aside my neighbour who is with Virginmedia as well, is suffering with the same fault. It started when the area had a small power cut. So surely this must be a common fault. Please advise.

Thanks for coming back to me themarsden21,

I appreciate you trying another handset, albeit it has not resolved your issue. Due to this, I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get an engineer arranged for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi themarsden21,

Thanks for the private message. I do apologise that you are still without a dial tone. Upon checking your account, we have detected that you are being affected by an area outage that is due to be resolved by 16.50pm this evening.

If after this time, you are still experiencing issues, please come back to us and we will book a technician for you.

Kind regards Jodi.