cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone caller ID

mlm5051
Tuning in

My caller ID stopped working some time ago, I called for technical support and after approx an hour the second line support team rectified the problem. After approx 3-4 days it stopped working again, same delay in getting to the second line support but again the problem was rectified, yet again after 3 -4 days it stopped working, this time the delay was extensive well over the hour and after trying to explain that this problem was re-occurring time and time again, the technician told me that the caller ID was disabled and she had re-connected it and I would have no further problems. But yet again after 3 days it has stopped working again. Can anybody help me in getting this sorted once and for all as we are getting nuisance calls but cannot tell who is calling before answering.

5 REPLIES 5

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @mlm5051

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your caller ID. 

Please can I ask why you think the caller ID has stopped working? Dose it now show any numbers or just nuisance calls? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi I know its the caller ID as my phone is just displaying 'External Call' instead of the name of the caller, it does not display the number. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that information MLM5051. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can look further into this for you. 

You can find this in the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with that information mlm5051. 

I have checked over the account the caller ID was still active on the account, however I have removed this and re-added it in the hope that this will work, If this dose drop out again then please do let me know & I can raise this with the IT team to investigate further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak_M I have just checked the phone and it is still displaying External, i called it from my own mobile and I know the name is in the contacts list.

mike