Menu
Highlighted
tdotbeats
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home phone Wont Work

Hi, 

Ever since its been installed a month ago I can't get my home phone to work, the engineer told me that the line connects to the back of the modem, which i did, but after i transfered my number from BT I cant get the home phone to even detect a signal. I keep getting an error saying ''Line error''. service checker seems to say everything is fine but it cant detect a phone connected to the line. I tried diffrent cables and the phone was working up to the day of the switch, I cant seem to get through to virgin support on my mobile.

What can I do?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone Wont Work

Hi tdotbeats,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're still unable to use your landline since the installation. I can appreciate you're keen to understand what is happening.

Are you getting a dial tone at all? When did the number transfer complete? What happens when you call your landline number from another phone?

Let us know and we'll be able to help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
tdotbeats
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The tranfer was done on the 08/08/19, i get no dial tone from the phone. Calling the number just rings until I reach the Voicemail service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tdotbeats,

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming these details.

In looking at the backend of your services, it looks like the line has been provisioned correctly from our end and is active. Line tests have also come back successful. Have you tried rebooting your hub since install to see if this helps to connect? If not, I'd recommend giving this a go.

Could you also confirm whether you have an older-style corded phone, or a powered unit which requires connecting to the mains?

Have you tried connecting an alternative handset to see if it's a compatibility issue between your phone and our line?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
tdotbeats
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It  finally started working Yesterday nightSmiley LOL,

not sure what happened, nothing changed on my end.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tdotbeats,

That's brilliant news! Thank you for letting us know 🙂

It's possible that me running some tests gave it the virtual kick it needed. Either way, I'm glad you're up and running. Do give us a shout if there's anything further we can help with.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos