cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Telephone line

michaelh40
Joining in

I am having intermittent problems with my home phone line.  At some points during the day there will be no dial tone and you cannot call out or receive calls in.  You get an engaged tone.

I have run all the tests and all comes back ok. Checked plugged in etc. Can anyone advise what i should do next?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can either give faults a call (150 from a Virgin Landline or Mobile. 0345 454 1111 from other operators at standard landline rates)., or you can wait here & a member of the forum team will follow this up in a day or two.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi michaelh40,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your line, 

Thank you for the checks you've been through already, can you confirm if you've been able to try a different handset?

Alex_Rm

Tried a different handset and still have the problem

Thanks for confirming, 

So I can help further I'll just need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks for confirming your details michaelh40,

I've arranged an engineer for this, you'll be able to view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm