cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone not working

Rich12
Dialled in

hi, we had a problem with our home phone, and to be fair few days later the engineer fixed it, by plugging the phone in to the hub, job done...

2 days later we had the new virgin media hub 5, after setting it up we found the phone is dead, so i contacted virgin media through its messaging help service, now it all goes wrong.

Told them the phone is dead, no services issues, and we had the new hub, reply was not word for word but, i understand you have no internet but checking your account you have 9 devices connected, err its the phone like i said before, after a small chat, reply was, will raise a complaint about your service but because its the new hub FMS tier 2 can only deal with this and will CALL you asap, if you miss the call you can call the ( number provided ) .

Now is it just me or is someone not reading what i am telling them.

Question, how can i call them if the ONLY phone i have is the landline.

So virgin media FMS tier 2 go ahead call me please, good luck

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity. Multiple threads merged]

43 REPLIES 43

Hi Rich,

Just read this entire thread as I had issues with my home phone recently too. It's like a soap opera! 😃  Your line of 'keeping customers informed' is sooooo right & important and it's something that VM doesn't get right sometimes with their Check Status service which drives me crazy.

One thing though that may help you in the future - regardless of how the fault occurred - it might be worth getting a mobile phone for emergencies only. My family members have their own mobile but I got a cheap basic handset as a 'just in case' back up. As long as it has credit (I last topped it up over a year ago), the only stipulation is ensure the mobile is used at least once every 3 months to keep its number - and It's been so worth its small cost.

I think updates on here are only done by the forum team when it sounds like there are other VM teams handling your fault and giving you update may be easier if you had a mobile. I could be completely wrong, it's just my view, but I wish you well in resolving your issue and hope it comes to an end soon.

Hi myss, did look into a mobile phone few months ago but decided got by for this long with out one, why bother, mistake on my part.

It is like an opera lol, but it takes people to complain hopefully so the company learns from it and improves it self, again judging by the live chat with vm, sorry to say i doubt it.

On a more positive note the help on here is better than live chat, and some of the phone calls i made to vm, at least they don't ask you to call the tech line, lol.

Thanks to all who have tried to fix the problem but sometimes you just can't beat a big hammer.........anybody seen my hammer ! 

Hi kath, just goes back to keeping customers informed, its that simple, i know your job is not an easy one, most times a thankless one, i know you have wait, but i do appreciate you time, thanks

well it's been a tuff week but credit were credit is due, so Gareth, zoie and kath i would like to say THANK YOU, i know you have tried, and i have not been one of your easy customers, but i do appreciate the work you have done and tried to fix my phone line.

Like many customers when things go wrong we want it fixed yesterday if not sooner, and it can be really frustrating trying to get it fixed, especially when your bounced all round vm phone service.

Credit to those people mentioned on here who's job not many people probably can do without losing there tempter, could you do it and keep calm ?

Hi Rich12, 

Thanks for taking the time to post your thanks. I've forwarded this over to the others  as it does give a great boost when we get to see the positive messages. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Rich12, 

I am glad to see you have updated the thread advising this has been resolved. 

If you have any other issues please pop back and we will be happy to assist 😄
Zoie

1st thanks to every one who has helped me, ha ha, but........joke, have got a head scratcher tho, hub 3 was supposed to be turned back on, but after trying it, it never worked, now ( shame on me, forgot to pay virgin bill ) got cut off, but did pay bill at 2pm, 3 hrs later and a phone call was told up to 24 hrs before full services restored, well ok then.

About 7.30 ish i thought unplug hub 5 and reconnect hub 3, worth a try as no tv, internet, and of course phone.

Head scrarcher time, remember hub 3 never worked, unplug hub 5, plug in hub 3, everything back on in 5 mins, and YES the phone works ha ha, not touching hubs till engineer comes on Wednesday. 

One last thing phone not stopped ringing..... Err...... Any objections if i break it, not like it caused much trouble lol.

Remember no swearing in any answers ha ha

Spoiler

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rich12, 

Thank you for the update 🙂 
Glad it's all working, I am sorry your phone has not stopped, maybe making up for lost time? 

Zoie

Hi, well i must say virgin have surprised me, just had a engineer visit,  instead of tomorrow, and zoie you was right, it was down to the fact that the cv 21 or something like that has not been activated yet.

Because everything is working he says, keep hub 5 so when its all working just swap em over.

The engineer has been cancelled for tomorrow because there is nothing he can do and ALL services are now working.

Even tho the hub 5 is still in the experimental stage and yes a few teething problems, the wifi is a dam lot better than our old hub, what i can gather mid 2022 is when it is out of its experimental stage.

Finally a big thank you to all the people on here who have helped and sent messages to try and sort the problem out, zoie your the one person who never left me, even got the answer to the problem sorted before the engineer arrived, so to you a personal thank you.

As for now all services are working, still nothing to watch on tv, phone is on overdrive, and the wifi is having a meltdown, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY 

Good afternoon.

I am posting a copy of my original message that I posted last week... and also the one I sent today.... I only hope someone can help with this... I really could do without the constant worry.

I am trying to help my friends.

Thank you, I hope someone can really help me.

Barbara...see below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this today.

Sorry to say, Joy & Paul's phone is off again  31.1.2022....  tried phoning this morning...'this number is temporarily unavailable, try another way to contact this person'...    I had to go to hospital this morning, but had a text from Joy saying she had been trying to phone me....no phone line again !!!

Please Molly, can you try to sort this once and for all... I am not too good today myself, but will PM you.

Please please, get this sorted, it is causing so much heartache.

Thank you....Hope you still have Joy & Paul's details, if not, PM me.. I have to rest now, will do a quick PM and then will not be back for an hour or two.

Barbara.

No Landline - Vulnerable

yesterday - last edited yesterday by Corey_C

Good afternoon.

My friends have been contacting me and are desperate for help.

They have the full virgin package.

Their landline is not working, they have reported this so many times, been going on for months now.

The only response they get is' we are working on your fault'....but the phone will be out of action for a few days, then it will come on, only to be ok & working for a few days before going off again. !!

Now, my friends, husband & wife are both suffering with cancer, Joy has cancer in her brain, lung & kidney, and her husband has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, so their phone line is vital, they are both in their 70's and really worried.

Who can they contact to make sure this fault is rectified, it seems every person they have talked to gives them the same excuse.......we are working on it, yet, their neighbours are not having this problem with their land lines.

They need an engineer out to check everything surely.

They are paying for this service, yet no one is helping them...as I have said, this has been going on for months.

I need help for my friends, desperately !!!!!

I can give you their address & phone numbers privately if required.

Please HELP THEM !!

Barbara.