cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone not working

Rich12
Dialled in

hi, we had a problem with our home phone, and to be fair few days later the engineer fixed it, by plugging the phone in to the hub, job done...

2 days later we had the new virgin media hub 5, after setting it up we found the phone is dead, so i contacted virgin media through its messaging help service, now it all goes wrong.

Told them the phone is dead, no services issues, and we had the new hub, reply was not word for word but, i understand you have no internet but checking your account you have 9 devices connected, err its the phone like i said before, after a small chat, reply was, will raise a complaint about your service but because its the new hub FMS tier 2 can only deal with this and will CALL you asap, if you miss the call you can call the ( number provided ) .

Now is it just me or is someone not reading what i am telling them.

Question, how can i call them if the ONLY phone i have is the landline.

So virgin media FMS tier 2 go ahead call me please, good luck

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity. Multiple threads merged]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rich12

Sorry to hear this has happened only just after the engineer fixed it 

I have had a look and it is fixable internally from our side 

Which is why the Agent you spoke to had to pass it over to our Second line Team 

This Team will be able to get the line back on for you 

What I can do is send you a private message to get your account details 

And keep an eye on this 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rich12

Sorry to hear this has happened only just after the engineer fixed it 

I have had a look and it is fixable internally from our side 

Which is why the Agent you spoke to had to pass it over to our Second line Team 

This Team will be able to get the line back on for you 

What I can do is send you a private message to get your account details 

And keep an eye on this 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Happy you can fix it from your side, but why say they will call me, phone is dead, that's what i told him, seems like he was typing from script, or just not paying attention to what i was telling him. You are the only one who has said it can be fixed by your end.

For that i thank you, the most helpful person from virgin media today

Thanks Rich12

When we pull an account up and pass security we can see an alternative number listed 

This will always be a Mobile number 

The one we have listed for you ends in 7106

Gareth_L

no, have told vm, a number of times we have no mobile number 

Thanks for the update Rich12

I will get that removed for you 

The Fault you raised today can take up to 72 hours 

I just needed to let you know the timescale

Gareth_L

Thanks for the update, appreciate you looking at the problem and sorting it out.

Thank you

Hi Rich12

Can you please unplug the Hub for a minute and back in the check if you have a dialling tone ^GT

Hi, sorry for the delay, unplugged the router and left it for 1 minute, but still no dial tone.

Wondering if the phone jack which you plug in 1st to the router is not compatible with this model, reason being it was fine before i switched?

Thanks.

Rich

Thanks for the update Rich12

Let me go away and see what is happening on the account 

Gareth_L