cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone not working over Christmas

Line1
Joining in

I have just joined the Forum as I am getting nowhere trying to contact Virgin media due to my home phone not working. The contact pages are rubbish and just get me going around in circles, returning to the same topic time and time again. It is as if Virgin media do not want to hear complaints and hope that people will just give up. There is no e-mail contact and I am always put in touch to "speak" to a computer; this is useless and gets nowhere. The only link I can ever get is to call Virgin Media; but my phone is not working so how am I expected to do that, buy a mobile? I pay a great deal of money for my "service" and no one at Virgin Media is interested so it is not a service. I joined Telewest nearly 20 years ago and have been with Telewest/Virgin media for a long time but the service gets worse and there seems to be no interest in the customer apart from taking monthly payments. Come on Virgin Media, Buck Up and provide a service and give value for money.

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Line1,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am really sorry to hear your landline is not working. I appreciate that is not ideal at all and we'd love to help get this sorted for you.

Could you expand on what problem you're having exactly? Do you have no dial tone and have you tried a different handset?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha,

In reply to your post. Yes I tried different handsets a number of times and even had my daughter use one of my handsets on her telephone system to prove that the handset was functioning correctly; it was. I am rather disturbed that you asked that question about the handsets as it seems that the Virgin Media base line is that its consumers are idiots, we are not; or maybe we are for putting up with shoddy service. The main part of my complaint was not that the phone system failed but that I was unable to make contact with Virgin Media to obtain assistance. I am a former professional engineer and I understand that systems fail, it is the time taken to resolve the problem that is of concern. A number of household in the north east of the UK  know that as they were without electricity for a number of weeks following recent storms. I tried many times to make contact by clicking on buttons at various pages of the website but were redirected back to the starting point each time. In some cases I received a message that there was no fault on my system; I knew that there was. A couple of times I received a message which said "Whoops, something has gone wrong, try again later." Attempts at frivolity when a customer is having problems are not good and indicate a frivolous attitude to customer care. My main irritation is with the Virgin Media website as there is no easy way of making contact by telephone (less easy when your phone line is not working and is the cause of the complaint) or by e-mail as no e-mail address is shown; if it is available then it is not clearly defined. For an organisation which presumes to serve its customers, Virgin Media must do much better if it wishes to maintain its customer base. Recently my broadband speed has been upgraded but that is  no good if I am unable to make contact should there be a fault. The "Chat Line" with a computer does not function properly but maybe that is why it is there, apart also from being cheaper than employing real people. Please make it easier for customers to make contact or a number of us will take the ultimate action of breaking contact completely.

Thanks for coming back to me @Line1

I am sorry you've had some problems getting in touch with us. All our contact methods can be found here

I will be more than happy to address your concerns.

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs