cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone line down

Fee73
Tuning in

Home phone been down for 2 days,  no dial tone. Can't dial out. When I call home phone with mobile although the mobile indicates its ringing , home phone doesn't ring.

Unplugged from main phoneline, reinstalled,  still the same.

Tried old phone in the phone socket still the same

Popped out to argos to purchase a new phone, still same issues,  with new phone even saying on screen check line

Customer service utterly useless saying no issues in my area, and my line is working as it should, so I require an engineer with a £25 call out as everything is working as it should apparently 

Engineer closest appointment is a fornight away.

To say I am frustrated is putting it mildly 

Please assist , thanks for reading 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fee73

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phoneline at this time. 

Can you confirm if you have the phone plugged into the master socket or an extension socket?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment plugged into the phone socket, other than the phone itself?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley

Phone is just plugged directly into master Socket.

Still same issues this morning , and this is with a brand new phone 

No dial tone,  can't dial out or recieve calls. Not showing any issues in my area. But my home phone been down now for 3 days 

No other equipment plugged in 

Thank you for confirming that information @Fee73. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security to investigate this further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley