cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - VOIP - Incoming Calls NOT getting through

colmax
Dialled in

I have a terrible problem trying to receive incoming calls to home phone which is VOIP and connected straight into a HUB 3.0 - Have rebooted HUB - to no avail! Presently have a family member receiving medical care at home so often having docs and other medical staff calling us to check on progress etc. Friends and family in same situation when they call into us. We answer the phone (display says INCOMING CALL) but the line is dead - no tone or other noise. Have to do 1471 to find out who it was and to then call them back. This was happening now and again but its now with almost every received call. I cannot even get through from my own mobile. Tried for 26mins 39secs with Cape Town help desk who promised to get me to a technician but that was cut off. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE Please help from VM Team??????

20 REPLIES 20

Hi  VM Teamies - I'm afraid that the problem is still present😩  'Incoming Call' displayed; answer phone and there is no dial tone or any other noises. 

Thanks for getting back to us colmax and sorry to hear you're still experiencing the issues. Are you experiencing any problems with the Hub itself and connections?

Rob

Hi - The HUB3 seems to be working just fine. Connections are all secure and neatly fitted. I did have a similar issue a few years ago and a VM team member, who I think was Belfast based, updated something in software at that side and that seemed to do the trick until fairly recently. I have purchased new phones by the way (Panasonic) but still the issue.

There is an issue with Hub 5's still but this is a Hub 3, are you using the correct port on the back of the Hub? Has this only happened since changing to the landline via the Hub? Has it worked this way previously?

Rob

I haven't touched any connections to the HUB3 since VM installed it at start of VM contract many years ago. VM engineer checked it all out on Saturday 26 November '22 and put a new cable into the HUB3 to Burnside emergency call unit. Yes - it works just fine this way - but then it doesn't pick up all calls, many already in our phone memory,  for some bizarre reason. Does this help you narrow it down?? Any other HUB3 users reporting similar issues I wonder???

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses, 

Is this affecting all calls? 

Also just to clarify, do you have a DECT powered handset and can that just be attached to the fibre line without the adaptor?

Regards,

Kain

Is this affecting all calls?  As described previously - not all calls. Friends and family and other numbers can work just fine - then the odd one gives nothing at all when we answer phone. The line is completely silent. We then do 1471 to find out who called and call them back. 

Also just to clarify, do you have a DECT powered handset and can that just be attached to the fibre line without the adaptor? We are using a cordless Panasonic KX-TGD322 model which is DECT compliant. It plugs into a Burnside battery backup that VM installed as we need this for emergency use and from that it goes right into HUB3. What adaptor are you talking about??

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response,

Did our team not send an adaptor out at all since the fibre line switch?

Regards,

Kain

What adaptor???????????????????? What fibre line switch?????????? Have always had an optical cable straight into brown VM box at front of house. Should I have received an adaptor?? The engineer who came on Saturday removed an attenuator from back of HUB3 and said that it was no longer required. Please let me know if there is anything missing in hardware setup that we have - thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us @colmax, and I'm sorry to hear the issue has re-emerged.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from me, and I'll arrange a follow up engineer visit for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn