cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Service upgrade / Change - request of engineer

PBou
Dialled in

I have requested an engineer visit several times online but had no reply.
I am scheduled to have my phone line changed in August 2021.
I rely on using an extension line to connect my virgin phone to the house system.

How do I get a reply or contact from Virgin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Serena_C wrote:

21CV is 21st Century Voice, it is the name of the new way of connecting landline customers via the Hub.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that an engineer visit is not required as a remote switchover will take place on 27/08/2021.

I think the OP wants to ensure his/her existing telephone extension sockets are connected to the VM hub as part of the telephone switchover process.

The online information from VM recommends booking a technician to do this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?
Yep, when our technician pops around to install your new Hub (if you need one ) they’ll make sure all your phones work too. Please make sure you respond to our calls to schedule a technician visit.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PBou

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your Home Phone Service upgrade.

Please can you clarify for me - are you asking for an engineer to move your services over to 21CV, so that your landline is connected to your Hub?

You mention that you are scheduled to have this in August, are you hoping to bring this forward?

Please do let me know so we can look into this for you,

Best wishes,

Serena

What is 21CV ????
And no not trying to get the change earlier just following the VM online direction that informs me I need to book an engineer NOW for the August change.

This is the message from Virgin Media about my phone change.
"On 27 August you will then need to plug in an adapter to the back of your WiFi Hub and connect your home phone to it."

I have been advised to book an engineer NOW to support this change as I depend on phone extensions for my house phones.
My main home phone connector is not near my VMHub.

I have requested an engneer visit to support the chaneg several times through the online selection but have not had any confirmation. 
So I have no idea if an engineer is scheduled to support VirginMedia request to change my phone service. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

21CV is 21st Century Voice, it is the name of the new way of connecting landline customers via the Hub.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that an engineer visit is not required as a remote switchover will take place on 27/08/2021.

Best wishes,

Serena

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Serena_C wrote:

I think the OP wants to ensure his/her existing telephone extension sockets are connected to the VM hub as part of the telephone switchover process.

The online information from VM recommends booking a technician to do this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?
Yep, when our technician pops around to install your new Hub (if you need one ) they’ll make sure all your phones work too. Please make sure you respond to our calls to schedule a technician visit.

My VMHub and phone and phone master socket are in different rooms.
I also have additional home phones on extensions.

VM online advice is that I will need an engineer visit to support the phone change.

"Serena C" What you are stating doesn't agree with VM online advice.

The advice VirginMediaCommunity support gives is in direct contradiction to their website info on Phone changes.
And they marked this as answered when there is no explaination. 

My phone and master socket are in a different room to my VMHub.
I rely on phone extensions for phone use in my home.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies @PBou, I did not realise from your first post that you would be needing extension sockets connected as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would be happy to schedule an engineer appointment to get this sorted, I've checked and unfortunately I cannot book an appointment as far in advance as 28/08/2021. So the best thing to do would be to pop back on here in a couple of weeks time and we can get this booked in for you closer to the time 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena