cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Problems

Jiggiw
Joining in

Cannot receive external calls.

I recently got a hub 3 to switch to fibrephone but now I can’t receive a call from outside. Service status says no problems.

The technician did a callback test before he left so I don’t know when the error started.

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jiggiw,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to receive incoming calls, we can certainly understand the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Can we ask if you have the telephone cable inserted in the back of the hub correctly and re-started the hub?

Also, if you have any extension sockets, please unplug these, and try an alternative handset if you have one so we can eliminate the equipment.

Please try the above first and come back to us for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi, thanks for the quick response.

Yes I have tried a different handset, checked the cable is plugged in the back of the hub and restarted the hub.

Any more ideas.

Thanks for coming back to me Jiggiw,

We appreciate you trying all the diagnostics. We're just sorry that none of them have resolved the issue, due to this I will send you a private message as we may possibly need to book an engineer's appointment to get you back up and running. 

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Great security has been passed Jiggiw.

Our process has now changed. As you have tried all of the above, but calls are not coming through we have had to send this off to our telephony faults team.

I have filled in the relevant form with all the details and you will be contacted within 48 hours on the mobile number listed on your account.

Please can keep us updated with how this goes?

Kind regards Jodi. 

No contact from the telephony faults team but the phone line is working again. Thanks Jodi.