Menu
Highlighted
jimbogreb
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone Point

Hi,

Can anybody please help - I have had a Virgin account for many years, including phone package but have only recently bought a phone. However when I have gone to use the phone point, it doesn't work.

I have a new (ish) Virgin phone socket but no dialling tone. Should I be connecting to my Virgin media hub instead??

Best

Jimbo

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home Phone Point

new installs use the hub3 but this is recent - the install was many years ago as you say then the connection would be a phone point which you have - not all phones work on the VM system afaik so its worth trying another cheap/basic handset - if that does not work call it in as a fault and let a tech work out whats wrong

Tony
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The hub sockets are only used for new customers & house moves. If you have no dial tone then the connection to the cabinet has failed. The connectors in the omni-box on your front wall are susceptible to moisture which can cause rust. If you have never used the connection all this will need looking at.

Give faults a call. If you have a Virgin Mobile you can do this for free (dial 150), from all other operators call 0345 454 1111 at standard rates. The Forum Team here can also book tech visits if you are prepared to wait for them to respond.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you can make a call the fault is likely to be somewhere in your home such as the socket.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jimbogreb
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the assist

0 Kudos
jimbogreb
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I think I will have to have to wait for the Forum team tech since I don't have a mobile at the mo. I got myself a cheap phone to be able make calls out!

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimbogreb,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've having issues with the landline. I'd be happy to assist you in booking an engineer to visit your property

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos