cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Outage KT17

Dave4922
Tuning in

Hi does anybody know about the current problem with home phone in KT17 area.  It does not show on status report but I have been told by a support team member that there is one but after 30 minutes holding to try to get an update still no answer.  What is going on and any estimate of a fix.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dave4922

Sorry to hear of the landline issues due to the current area outage, we understand the frustration this can cause.

What is the issue with the landline? Do you get a dial tone? If you have more than one handset or socket, is it the same across all of them?

Rob

Hi Rob

One socket provides access.  No dial tone.  Speaking to support he confirmed there is a problem in the area and put me in the hold queue to find out the position as he was only allowed to hold for 5 minutes.  Unfortunately after 30 minutes still no reply and the music was getting repetitive.  Perhaps someone from that department could provide an update?

Thanks

From looking at the issue this will need a technician, I have booked one in for you and you can find the details here, please let me know if there are any problems with this and I can look to reschedule it for a more convenient time. 

Please be aware that this is the earliest appointment available and any changes would result in a delay to the visit.

Rob

Hi Rob

I am having no joy in locating the engineer appointment on the link.  However are you saying that there is no outage and the fault must be on my connection? When I had the same problem a few months ago it turned out that the engineer had disconnected my phone in the local distribution box?  Could you please provide a link to the appointment?

many thanks

Hello Dave4922

Sorry the appointment is not showing online 

I have just checked this and its been put down as an outage just a few minutes ago

There is not a ref number yet but I will check and update you as soon as I get more information 

Gareth_L