cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Landline Not Receiving Calls

gfardon
Tuning in

We had Virgin Media installed yesterday, broadband and phone. The technician set everything up, ported the number across from our old provider, declared everything working and left.

We subsequently discovered that while we can call out and have internet access, we are unable to receive incoming calls. The person calling in hears the ringtone but our handsets do not ring, and after several rings it goes to voicemail because we aren't answering the phone. Everything worked fine before the technician ported the number to Virgin.

It's the same problem as here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-won-t-receive-calls/m-p/4653443 and quite a few other posts.

Have done all the troubleshooting and called 150 to get support but they just keep saying to wait 24 hours, so we did, and today they say to wait another 24 hours.

Perhaps one of the Forum Team could pick this up and expedite it please?

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gfardon,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are unable to receive incoming calls on your new service. We can understand the inconvenience this may cause and want to best help.

I have been able to access your account to take a further look into this issue. It appears you were recently in contact with our team who placed a work order for you to get it resolved by the end of the day today.

In this case, please let us know if the issue persists after today and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

Thanks for the reply, I've waited all day and the issue still isn't fixed.

I contacted Virgin phone support this morning and they said there was a fault in the area, and to wait for that to be resolved. The fault never showed up on your status checker as an issue in our area so I'm not convinced it was relevant, but either way, after another day lost, we still can't receive calls.

Normally we'd be relaxed about it, a day or two without calls is no big deal but we have a family member in hospital in Dudley and neither they nor the hospital can call us. If anything can be done to get this resolved, it would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Morning gfardon,

I am sorry, appreciate this is frustrating. I can see that the issue is still ongoing, in the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours.

If you can please ensure all cabling is tight and secure, and monitor the situation over the next 24 hours.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply, we are already on our third 24 hour wait with no resolution which is very disappointing.

All cabling is fine, we have broadband and outgoing calls, it's just incoming calls that don't work, which makes it look like a number porting issue (it worked perfectly before the technician ported our number).

It looks extremely likely (to me at least) that the issue is the same as resolved here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Home-Phone-Landline-Not-Receiving-Calls/td-p/4591998.

"It seems that there have been some issues in porting the number from the landline via the traditional socket to the landline via the hub. "

I just wish that someone would pull their finger out and investigate that possibility.

Another 24 hours have passed and it's still not resolved.

We also now realise the voicemail won't accept messages, so not only can you not ring us, you can't leave a message either.

Very unimpressed with my Virgin Media experience so far.