cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Adapter

Whatthe71
Joining in

I have received the very small adapter to supposedly plug in to my hub and then plug the house phone into that. 
Not a hope this will work as they are at opposite ends of the room.

Why didn’t VM approach customers to ascertain whether what they provided was actually going to be usable?

I’m now faced with the prospect of having no usable landline. 
Please can you advise on how this can be prevented.

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Whatthe71,

Welcome to the community.

Can I ask has our team advised of the switchover date at all?

Let us know,

Kain

I believe it’s tomorrow.

We have tried to address it with Virgin, who have advised we would have to pay for this to be rectified!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Whatthe71 wrote:

We have tried to address it with Virgin, who have advised we would have to pay for this to be rectified!

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

My wife is on the phone with Virgin at the moment. The adviser is shouting at her! What gives Virgin? This is completely unacceptable.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Whatthe71 wrote:

My wife is on the phone with Virgin at the moment. The adviser is shouting at her! What gives Virgin? This is completely unacceptable.

It should be a calmer experience to allow the VM forum team to deal with it on here. A common scenario is that the switchover takes place first of all then, once you are switched, a VM tech is booked to do the phone wiring modifications.

VM envisages most customers will be using cordless phones with the base plugged into the VM hub and cordless handsets used around the home where required so the free phone wiring mod's are often an add-on bit to the switchover process.

VM staff on the phone often have zero idea about any of the phone switchover processes based on the topics which crop up on here.

@goslow many thanks for the advice. They clearly do not understand. We have now raised a complaint. 
Hopefully someone from Virgin on here can rectify this or if not, I will literally be pulling the plug on our Virgin Contract

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the experience faced there,

Just so we can investigate this I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain