cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again with Landline not working!!

JM62
Tuning in

Back in March my mum's phoneline stopped working.

After a bit of a faff trying to explain that here phone is NOT connected via a router the line was eventually restored.

Fast forward to today and I have found out that the phone is once more DEAD!

My Mum is 80 and suffers from Dementia and the phone is her lifeline.

Can a Virgin employee please get involved so we can arrange for an engineer to FIX this once and for all?

No I do not have Power of Attorney, No I am not the account holder. I am her son trying to get a FAULT resolved and can provide Account number etc via DM.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JM62, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your mum is having issues with her phoneline. 

As it stands, we are moving all customers over to a landline that is provided via a broadband connection now. Full areas are being migrated and you can view more information on this here: Your home phone is getting an upgrade

I can see you were recently in a private conversation with another agent and they have advised that we have already migrated your mum over to the new system meaning in order for her landline to work, she must connect it to the hub we have provided. The landline will no longer work when plugging in to the wall socket as we no longer provide this method. 

Looking at the account this end, I can see an engineer attended and got things resolved too. 

If the handset is connected to the Hub but it's still not working, come back to me here and we'll be able to book another engineer however if we book an engineer now and it turns out the phone has just been plugged back in to the socket then a £25 charge will apply. 

Please check this and come back to me asap so we can help further. 

Thanks. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There is no hub, there has never been a hub. I do not need to check for this as it DOES NOT EXIST!! I am getting sick of repeating this fact and essentially being called a liar.

Morning JM62,

We have advised you all the correct information via private message, 

As advised we can look to arrange another engineer visit, but if the fault is found to be the equipment there may be a charge.

Please let us know.

Alex_Rm