cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with landline phone issues

Chipps
On our wavelength

Hi,

About an hour ago my landline phone's dial tone disappeared. It intermittently returns but there is almost constant, terrible crackling on the line so on the rare occasion I manage to attempt a call I can't hear the person on the other end and they can't hear me. After about 5-10 seconds the dial tone disappears again. There doesn't seem to be any way to book an engineer via the Virgin Media site and Live Chat is never accessible. Service status says everything is fine. I have a non-VM mobile but the sound quality isn't great and I find using it difficult as I'm semi-deaf in one ear, and getting though to anyone is practically impossible.

Could anyone please offer some help or advice? Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Chipps, 

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your line.

Can you confirm if you've been able to try another handset?

Is the phone plugged into the main socket or an extension? 

Alex_Rm

Chipps
On our wavelength

Hi Alex_RM,

Thanks for your message. 

I haven't been able to try another handset as I don't have one. The phone is connected to a power strip. I hardly ever have line problems, and only remember this happening once before and a technician had to come out to resolve it. 

Thanks for confirming 🙂

I just need to confirm a few more details with you, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Chipps
On our wavelength

Hi Alex_RM,

A technician arrived yesterday and has resolved the issue. Many thanks!

Hi @Chipps

This is great to hear. Thank you very much for letting us know. If you have any further questions or concerns, please come back to us on community, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley