cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for Port from virgin to bt not completed after 5 weeks

Bournedental
Joining in

I joined virgin in sept/october 2022, after almost 1 month of no service. I told them we have a new business to run and cannot afford to be without internet or a line left to bt and requested a number port. Virgin said if bt requests a number port they will full fill it. 

Almost straight away (within a few days) after that bt came out quickly fitted a new line and had broadband straight away but landline could only dial out (with the correct number) but when i tried dialing the number it said it was temporarily unavailable. BTthinking it was a problem from their end checked the line multiple times until open reach said it was virgins fault for canceling the port. Virgin confirmed they cancelled the port "because bt took too long over a week to intiate the port so the porting window closed". But if bt request another port they will do it. 

I got bt to do this and open reach engineer confirmed hes seen the manual port request himself. Virgin still saying they havent recieved anything. I got bt to send another manual port request but again virgin not doing anyrhing. Been now about 5 weeks and its crippling my new business. Virgin seem beyond useless if i know what i know now id have avoided them like the plague cant have service with them and they wont let you leave. Has any one had a similar issue and how do i go about fixing it ?

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bournedental, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've had issues with the number port completing. In order for any port to complete, the line needs to be open and active. 

As you've mentioned business - can you confirm if you were a residential customer or a business customer please?

If the latter, we are unable to support you further as we're only able to help UK residential customers via the Community and all our advice and links are only for those customers too. 

For help with getting things sorted as a business customer then if you have Twitter, you can try tweeting @Vmbusinesshelp or if not you can also try these contact options here

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs