cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! We are not hearing any voice from some of our callers

UserSE15
Joining in

We can receive calls, but but some numbers once answered, we cannot hear the caller at all - we just hear silence.

We need to have this incoming voice fully working for medical purposes.

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @UserSE15,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your landline service lately.

To confirm, you're saying this is only happening with some received calls and not all of them? Are you having any problems making calls?

Along with this, are you seeing any pattern to when this happens? For example, is it only certain numbers that are impacted? Is it only mobile phones? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Yes, only only some numbers (some mobile - numbers and 0208 number) and only seeing this on received calls.

outcgoing calls are alright.

As for pattern, I know two callers -  Vodafone and giffgaff user.  The call from Vodafone yesterday afternoon worked, then stopped again from yesterday evening.

Hi UserSE15,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, what you are explaining isn't something we are aware of, have you asked the callers you know if they have issues when calling other, the reason I ask this is because if we were to send a technician and the faults isn't our end there will be a £25.00 charge.

I would also advise trying a different handset, first remove any extensions or filters from the socket.

Regards

Paul.

Yes, the callers (Vodafone na d giff gaff) can call other numbers (mobile and landline and even other Virgin landline).  Other callers are Landline numbers too and no issues. 

Were you able to try another handset?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, we tried a different handset.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @UserSE15

Apologies if i've misread, can the customer hear you when you can't hear them?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

The caller can hear us, but we cannot hear them at all. Just silence.

The last couple of days, we see intermittent failures from one of the callers:

caller a called yesterday at 1ish noon - can hear them 

caller a called yesterday at 10ish evening - cannot hear them 

Today, caller called up to 6x and 3 out of that calls we cannot hear them 

Hi UserSE15, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and explaining things further. 

I think the best thing to do here is to book an engineer then in this case. To do this I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs