cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Visit required as the Hub and my home phone can’t be placed near each other

nigelad
On our wavelength

Hello, 
I need an engineer's visit as the Hub and my home phone can’t be placed near each other.
Had no joy getting through on the phone to request one after 20 minutes.
We already have a separate phone socket that is wired directly to the virgin box outside the house, but it stopped working - without any notification - at the end of last year. We connected the phone to the hub using the adapter we were sent earlier in the year, but it's causing interference with our sound bar and is really difficult to access. We need the phone to work off the original socket.
Can somebody on the forum team please arrange a visit for us.
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nigelad 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

We wouldn't be able to un-migrate you back to a phone that uses the wallsocket, as the migrations are happening for every customer. 

Changing to the phone service via cable is a government objective and this has to be completed by 2025, we are choosing to take the change over now to ensure all of our customers have been migrated prior to the current telephone exchange being closed down in 2025.

See more below on this;
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover and https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

If you'd like us to get an engineer visit out to relocate either one of the hub or the router, please let us know as we're more than happy to do this

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nigelad
On our wavelength

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.
Just to be clear - the wall phone socket is directly connected to the Virgin box on our outside wall - not to a telegraph pole.
If what you say still holds true - I'll need a visit please.
I currently use the virgin SH2 in modem mode and my own Linksys router. Both have to be sited below my tv as that's where the cable goes to.
Are you saying that virgin provide hub and router as separate items?

Righto, so we'd need a new Hub, as only the Hub 3 onwards would be compatible with the new phone set up.

I will PM you and get some details to get this ordered.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM nigelad and allowing me to sort a technician out for you.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

nigelad
On our wavelength

Hi John,
No sign of anybody yet. I just checked the texts reminder that came through.
I hadn't seen the bit at the bottom asking me to reply keep or reschedule.
Since I'd already replied to you on here it seemed safe to assume that the visit was arranged.

I have replied now - hope it's not too late.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @nigelad.

Do please advise us if the engineer visit hasn't taken place by the end of the timeslot you've been booked in for.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn