Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, No landline for 6 days!

Sg26
Joining in

Hi,

Hope someone can help! 

I recently contacted virgin as my current contract is ending and due to the new price increase, the package would be too expensive and I was planning to leave.

I spoke to virgin customer services to explain I could not afford the new charge and I wished to activate my 30 day notice period, I was informed the line needed to be kept live, if I wanted to port the number over!

I agreed, but since call back to let them know I no longer wished to keep the number and asked them to cancel the service along with the broadband!

From making this call on Friday afternoon (16 July) my landline has stopped working!

I have not been able to use my landline for nearly a week! I can no longer receive or make calls!

My broadband is unaffected and is due to disconnect in a couple of weeks!

There is no dialling tone, I have gone through the help section/checked all the hardware! Phone fully charged, working 100% until now!

The website/app is as good as useless, Under phone status, it’s states no problems with your phone line!

When attempting to run a service test, your presented with a “sorry page not working” message!

You are then back to the start!

I have tried to send messages via the virgin media Twitter account, but they have been ignored! 

If I phone the 0345 number, it will cost me 55p a minute!

I also noticed a section for the Virgin automatic compensation scheme, but again no clear instructions to confirm I qualify!

Any suggestions much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sg26

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the phone line issue but thanks for letting us know so we can get this fixed.

I've done some system checks and there's no known issues, the number is still there as it should be. 

On the diagnostics it's asking me; Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo  of Virgin Media, NTL,Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. Also, how many pieces of equipment are plugged into the phone line, more or less than 3?

Have you also been able to try another phone, just to rule out this as the cause?

Let me know as I'm keen to have this sorted 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

Yes, the phone is plugged into the master socket!

There is only a phone base unit plugged into the phone line!

I do not have another phone to check, however I did unplug the plug line from the master socket to check for damage.

The phone has full power and was working without issues up until Friday 16 July.

As explained the line worked up until I contacted vm services to cancel the number porting.

Thanks for coming back to me, with the confirmation. It's nothing to do with the port, please put that out of your mind. Nothing on system to show that either 🙂

Okay so on further checks done it needs a tech visit. I'll PM you now to get the details

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill