It's been happening since 9th August - any help is appreciated

when i try calling the phone just keeps ringing even when i answer

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Newcustomer19,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry that you've having some issues with your landline connection! 

Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help your ongoing issue? 

Do you have an active dial tone? Can you make and receive calls? 

I have taken a look on our systems and I cannot see any local issues that would be impacting your services at the moment. Please take a look at our Landline Faults page and let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina
Thank you for reaching out, yes unfortunately still does not work and i've tried looking through the faults page

we can't answer calls, it just keeps ringing and we can't make calls either

how do you apply for the automatic compensation scheme? online says it's easily available but does not offer any method for doing so?

thank you

Hi Newcustomer19,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your phoneline isn't working, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, if we were to send a technician and the fault is with your phone or any extensions added there will be a £25 callout charge.

T oi avoid this please can you unplug everything from the wall socket including any extensions or filters, please also try a different phone, standalone if possible.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul

We have tried everything, including trying a new phone and the same thing happens. No luck.

Happy to pay a £25 charge if it's our fault

kind regards

Hi Newcustomer19,

Thank you for confirming you have tried everything, from what you have advised it does sound like a fault, there are some further help and support around landline issues here.

So I can arrange a technician I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Newcustomer19,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised I have arranged a technician, you can manage the appointment via your Online Account.

If you need any further support in meantime if you need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.