cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having tv in a different room to main fibre socket question

Littlesue73
On our wavelength

Hi, I’ve recently signed up to Virgin media and the people who lived here before us must of had virgin, as there is the main socket in the front room, I know the router will have to go there near it, but my question is, can you have your main tv box in another room, as our tv is in the back room, how would it work, we think we have adapters in a few rooms for virgin. 
I hope this makes sense. So basically my question is can you connect the tv box to the Wi-Fi as we think we have the extension sockets in the back room already with the coax cable.

thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Littlesue73, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting to enquire about which sockets are needed for your service. 

You are completely correct that the router will need to be connected via the main socket in your front room. 

If you wanted to have this relocated within the home, this is possible! However there is a £25 Technician call out charge for it to be relocated. 

We have several different TV box services which are currently available, and may affect how you would choose to proceed when assessing where your sockets would be best placed. For best performance the primary TV box should have a wired connection, however some of our newer boxes (Particularly the TV 360 mini boxes) can operate from a Wi-Fi connection, and so would not require an additional socket. You can see more about TV360 here. 

The TV 360 mini boxes operate by communicating with the Primary TV 360 box which holds all of the recordings. 

Do you know which TV service you will be taking with us, and which boxes you will be using? (V6 or TV360)

Do you currently have a manned installation booked? (This is where an engineer attends to install your services.)

If you do, the technician who attends the installation will be able to help optimise the performance of the equipment in your home, also taking into consideration its location. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi I’m getting the ultimate volt bundle so I’m presuming I will get the TV360 and yes it’s a manned installation. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for getting back to us! No problem - glad to be of help. 

Please do let us know if there is anything else you need, or we can offer support with. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you, I’ve just managed to sign in to my online account / app and it’s definitely the virgin tv 360 box and 360 mini box too. I look forward to going live next week.

Hi @Littlesue73 thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming everything appears to be progressing.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R