cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has changeover to fibre happened?

NannyRita
Joining in

My phone line is dead, probably for over a week. Tried plugging in another phone which also didn't work. Has the changeover to fibre happened? I didn't get an email to say that it had

8 REPLIES 8

DerbyGig
On our wavelength

Hi Rita,

You should have received an adaptor to plug into your modem and then plug your phone line into the adaptor, for us in Derbyshire we got switched to VoIP 2-3 weeks ago. I did not get an email but i did get notification via post, to be fair with all the strikes going on it's a wonder we ever get post at the moment. Hate to say it but probably worth giving VM a call if you have a few hours to spare. Good luck in getting this sorted.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NannyRita,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your phoneline is dead and that you have tried a different phone with no success, have you received anything including an adaptor in regards to our Landline Switchover?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, the adaptor arrived and it said I would be notified when to change over. I haven't had an email about it and there is nothing on the website about it

Hi NannyRita,

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it does look like you have been converted, please try plugging the adaptor in and try the  plugging the phone into is, once done try to make a call.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the message. I need to have someone come in to do the change over (I have mobility problems) and don't want to arrange that if there is a problem with the land line. It is very difficult trying to get help from VM - I just kept going round in circles on the website then I found this forum this morning

Thanks for checking for me Paul, will sort out getting someone to come in to change it over for me.

Hey NannyRita,

No need I can help you and arrange someone to come and get this set up for you, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rita,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Lets us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.